Handy GPS v17.6 Final
Handy GPS v17.6 Final | 5.5 MB
The perfect companion for your next outdoor adventure. Seek, find, record and return home with Handy GPS. This app is a real navigation tool designed for outdoors sports like hiking, bushwalking, mountain biking, kayaking and trail riding. Its simple to use and works even in the remotest back country since it doesn't need network connectivity. It allows you to work in UTM or lat/lon coordinates so you can use it with your paper topographic maps. Waypoints and track logs recorded in the field can be be viewed later in Google Earth.
* Shows current location in easting/northing (UTM) or in lat/lon.
* Shows speed, direction of travel, and distance travelled in either metric or imperial/US units.
* Can store current location as a waypoint, and can store a track log to show where you've been.
* Waypoints and track logs can be imported from and exported to Google Earth KML and GPX files.
* Allows manual entry of waypoints coordinates.
* Can guide you to a waypoint with the "Goto" screen.
* Optional audible proximity alarm on goto page.
* Has magnetic compass page (on devices with mag sensors only).
* Computes local magnetic declination at startup using the IGRF-12 model, for use on the goto page.
* Can display either a simple map of your current location and the stored waypoints, or a Google Map.
* Supports the world-wide WGS84 datum along with the Australian datums AGD66, AGD84, GDA94. (You can also use WGS84 for NAD83 maps).
* Shows satellite locations and signal strengths graphically.
* Can display simple 6, 8 or 10 digit grid refs, or MGRS grid refs.
* Waypoint-to-waypoint distance and direction.
* Optional timer to record walk duration and compute average speed.
* Has online help pages.
* Thoroughly tested by the developer on many off-track walks.
EXTRA FEATURES IN THIS VERSION:
* Unlimited number of waypoints and track log points. (Free version is limited to 3 waypoints and 20 tracklog points)
* Email or SMS containing a clickable link showing your location can be sent to a friend.
* Common datums such as NAD83 (US), OSGB36 (UK), NZTM2000 (NZ), SAD69 (South America) and ED50 (Europe) can be selected from the custom datum page, or you can configure your own datums. You can also load and save datum params.
* UK grid refs with two letter prefixes can be shown if OSGB custom datum selected. OSGB grid refs can also be shown on smartwatches.
* Elevation profile of your route can be shown.
* Average GPS locations over time to give a more accurate result.
* Take photos, which are optionally geotagged, directly from the app.
* Show sun rise and set times.
* Turn on/off flashlight.
* Export waypoints to a CSV file in UTM or Lat/Lon coordinates.
* Create a new waypoint by projecting an existing one using an entered distance and bearing.
* Compute length and area of tracklog.
* Download tiles from various map tile servers, for use as offline maps.
* Comes complete with an Android Wear version for use on your Android Wear smartwatch. It has been tested on both round (Moto 360) and square (Sony SW3) watches.
PERMISSIONS: (1) GPS - to determine your location, (2) Network access - for access to Google Map and OSM tiles, (3) SD card access - to load and store waypoints and tracklogs, (4) Camera access for taking pics, (5) Prevent phone from sleeping so that proximity alarm works, (6) Control flashlight, to allow the flashlight to be turned on/off from within the app, and (7) System settings, to allow the Android Wear app to control the watch screen brightness.
DISCLAIMER: You use this app at your own risk. The developer accepts no responsibility for you getting lost as a result of using this app. Batteries in mobile devices can go flat. An alternate power source is recommended for extended hikes.
17.6: Re-ordered main menu so most used items near top. Report change between min and max elevations on "i" dialog. Bug fixes.
Requires Android: 4.0 and up
Buy Premium From My Links To Support Me & Download with MaX SPeeD!