TestDisk & PhotoRec 7.1-WIP portable
TestDisk & PhotoRec 7.1-WIP portable | 29.2 Mb
TestDisk is powerful free data recovery software! It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software: certain types of viruses or human error (such as accidentally deleting a Partition Table). Partition table recovery using TestDisk is really easy.
Fix partition table, recover deleted partition
Recover FAT32 boot sector from its backup
Rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 boot sector
Fix FAT tables
Rebuild NTFS boot sector
Recover NTFS boot sector from its backup
Fix MFT using MFT mirror
Locate ext2/ext3/ext4 Backup SuperBlock
Undelete files from FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2 filesystem
Copy files from deleted FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2/ext3/ext4 partitions.
TestDisk has features for both novices and experts. For those who know little or nothing about data recovery techniques, TestDisk can be used to collect detailed information about a non-booting drive which can then be sent to a tech for further analysis. Those more familiar with such procedures should find TestDisk a handy tool in performing onsite recovery.
== 7.1-WIP ==
== 7.0 ==
=== General Improvements ===
Various fix including security fix, thanks to
* Coverity scan (Static Analysis of source code)
* afl-fuzz (security-oriented fuzzer).
* Denis Andzakovic from Security Assessment for reporting an exploitable Stack Buffer Overflow
=== TestDisk ===
==== Improvements ====
* exFAT: better support
* ext4: handle 64 bit blocks or 64 KiB blocksize. Fix detection and file listing
==== Bug fixes ====
* Avoid erroneous error when writing 512 bytes on hard disk using 4k sector
* FAT, NTFS: avoid NULL pointer dereference if localtime() returns NULL. Thanks to Graham Sutherland for reporting this bug.
=== PhotoRec & QPhotoRec ===
QPhotoRec is a Graphical User Interface (Qt based GUI) version of PhotoRec. More user friendly, it recognizes the same file formats.
PhotoRec remains recommended for advanced users, it can stop a recovery and resume it later, it recovers more fragmented files when brute-force technology is enabled and expert mode is available.
==== Improvements ====
* Reduced false positives for more than 80 file formats.
* .gif: fix filesize detection
* .flv: add Flash filesize detection
* .mpg: detect filesize for MPEG
* .ra: detect filesize for RealAudio3
* Improved algorithm to deal with data fragmentation resulting in a general speed increased
* Speedup brute-force mode. Brute-force mode can recover more fragmented files, but it's still slow and not 100% reliable. You can enable it in PhotoRec Options menu.
New file formats recovered by PhotoRec:
* .3dm: Rhino / openNURBS
* .ari: ARRI Raw Video
* .camrec: Camtasia Studio
* .dad: Micae DVR
* .dcm: Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM)
* .fp12: File Maker Pro 12
* .kra: Krita
* .mlv: Magic Lantern Video
* .notebook: SMART notebook
* .ora: Mypaint
* .red: RED2 video format
* .rlv: Revelation password
* .vbm: Veeam Backup Metadata
* .woff: Web Open Font Format
Buy Premium From My Links To Support Me & Download with MaX SPeeD!